Two years ago, I wrote a post called "April Fools Jokes on Law School Websites." Today, I figured I'd poke around some law firm websites and see what I could find. I think it's more fun to present these without the firm names, so that's why I'm leaving them out, but it's all probably google-able. Feel free to add your own in the comments, since this is less funny than I hoped it would be, and I'll probably do a better April Fools post later anyway, since this really isn't that thrilling. Anyway:
1. "We encourage participation in professional and community affairs and, while always placing the needs of clients above private convenience, we seek to observe reasonable schedules of work which will make that participation possible, at the same time preserving a normal and healthy family life."
2. "There is no minimum number of billable or pro bono hours an associate must meet."
3. "At the heart of our culture is its seniority-based compensation system for partners that avoids internal dissension and competition."
4. "Our partners frequently form collaborative legal teams."
5. "Our attorneys are active in a wide range of community activities."
6. "Most lawyers take the 20 days of vacation leave that the firm offers each year."
7. "Helping our employees to balance home and work life is one of the firm's core values."
8. "Family life and life outside the practice of law are also important, and the Firm strives to make this difficult balance easier for attorneys trying to 'have it all.'"
9. "The Firm also solicits feedback from its associates on general workplace issues."
10. "We look forward to hearing from you."